On the occasion of Poundie's birthday, August 15, 2026
https://www.amazon.com/Sociological-Cogito-Hard-Problems-Science/dp/1041303467/ref=sr_1_3?
$233.99 to discover what the solution is to the hard problem of consciousness? Do not buy this book. If I'm still alive when it comes out in a few months, I will send you a copy. I'm not in any imminent danger of leaving this so-called fine-tuned universe but approaching 86 next month and with my family history I could pop off at any moment. I am now convinced that André Breton was right: dream and reality blend into a kind of absolute reality, a surreality.. We are living in a world whose essence is best captured by surrealists not critical realists like I was until a few moments ago. Here are a few tidbits from my recent excursions for your amusement. We are not living in a simulation. That is just another way for physicists and philosophers to sneak god back into the picture. And multiple universes?
Another mathegrammatical illusion that gives us heaven and hell in 11 or 12 dimensions. Imagine:
there is a heaven universe where I am fucking Jennifer Aniston, one in which I'm fucking you (that didn't happen in this universe as I recollect; you never snapped your fingers), one in which the young Gerry Adams (of Sinn Fein) is blowing me; and of course there's this one, one of the hells. A lot of physics these days - and classically. - is theology by other means. And I have been hearing and reading about the meaning of life since I was a nerdy child and I've even made some claims along those lines myself; lies, delusions: there is no rational road to meaning on this planet which produces and reproduces predators, criminals, and mean-spirited humans in overwhelming numbers, so large that their shadows block out the rainbows, daffodils, and roses. At the end of the day and the night I've learned nothing since the only question that matters is why is
there anything at all - and the answer to that is the grounds for the answers to everything else. As much
sex as possible should have been the story of my life, not trying to comfort myself with explanations.
This may be my last hurrah, my dear. Happy birthday and be good to yourself in what time you have left. This is likely to be my last visit. Not because I might expire; I'm just so fucking tired. Love you always, Sal
Comments
Post a Comment